Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Mama, thank you for your kisses"


I just have to post the sweet little words that came out of my Max's mouth tonight as I tucked him into bed.
I tried to give him a kiss through the bars at the end of his bed but we couldn't reach eachother (because I'm short and he was way up high on the top bunk), so I came around the side and climbed it up, so I could reach him and we gave noseys and kisses and he giggled and then he put his head down on his pillow and as I went to dim his light, I told him "i love you and mama will be right out here in the kitchen" and he said "Mama, thank you for the kisses".
Those 6 little words will stay with me forever. He touched my heart when he said those words to me. Just the fact that he was thanking me for kisses, what a little angel he can be when he wants to be. To think I was so angry with this same little boy yesterday in Stop & Shop when he had a big crazy outburst of a tantrum and we had to leave (me, him and Bella),yep, i left the lettuce in the carriage and out we went. Oh, what a fun scene that was! And now a new day and my sweet little Max is back and thanking me for my kisses. That's love. That's Motherhood. And to hear him say those sweet words to me, almost makes dealing with the tantrums worth it. Almost.
I love you Max! Max - kind-da the look he had going on in Stop & Shop
Max - kind-da how he looked tonight when he said so sweetly with that husky little voice of his "Mama, thank you for your kisses" ~ Only a face a Mama could love ~

1 comment:

Stephie Says..... said...

That is so cute.....
sweetness at its best....
I love the faces....
so no salad that night....right!