Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stephen Garbarino


Hit by a train, while riding his bike on May 25, 2008.

I did not know this little boy but I think being a Mother that in some way I knew this little boy. My heartbreaks for his Mother. I remember being at my own Mother's house on this past Sunday afternoon and hearing the excessive amount of sirens and thinking "oh my Goodness, something really bad has happened", they just kept coming and coming. I didn't hear of this tradegy until the next day, since I try not to watch the news, not out of ignorance, just because it is so depressing most of the time. In living in such a small world, someone always knows someone who knew that someone. He would began preschool next year. My Mother is a kindergarten teacher and one of her students parents coached little Stephen in t-ball. Just this past Saturday, he told the coaches wife (who my Mom spoke with) that he was so excited to be getting a new baseball glove and she said "get out on that field and get a hit" and he was such a sweet little boy. 5 years old! It really hits home and I just wish we had a remote control for life to rewind the horrific stuff and make it all go away. I posted his picture, so we can say a prayer for Stephen and his family and remember this little boy. He represents that life is but a moment so we must cherish every single moment. Rest in peace, sweet baby boy.

No comments: