Friday, July 11, 2008

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

I just finished this book & I loved it so much. It is a book for all ages with such a powerful message, that basically the only way we survive is with love, for love, in love and through love.

"Edward Tulane does go on a miraculous journey, but the real miracle is how he is changed. From the bottom of the sea to a dump and beyond, this once glorious and much-loved china rabbit captured my attention immediately and took me with him on his amazing travels. With him I felt elegant, broken, frightened, hopeful, lonely, and ultimately happy. I was sad each time Edward lost someone and moved by what he learned about caring and love. I want to read this enchanting tale out loud to someone sitting on my lap, and together we will predict what the next adventure will be as we look at the charming pictures that introduce each chapter. This beautiful treasure, with the creativity and artistry of Kate DiCamillo and illustrator Bagram Ibatoulline, is a story for readers of all ages, who will be reminded about what it means to be human."

— Connie S. Zitlow, Professor, Ohio Wesleyan University; Editor of Lost Masterworks of Young Adult Literature; Past President of A.L.A.N

2 comments:

Stephie Says..... said...

Don't you just want to shout it to the world when an author touches your soul like that? I love when I am so excited about a book I could just tell anyone to read it. I can so tell that is what you feel when you are posting about it. I think I want to ck it out. Sounds really nice. Is it a kids book or a book that is deep but appeals to kids too?

Stephie Says..... said...

I answered my own question..lol I went to goggle....I saw an overview. It so sounds like a really adorable book.
I felt that way abou tthe first time 12 years ago when I read the Polar Express...way before the movie even happen. S was 2 and he got it as a gift and I swear I wanted to yell to the world what a beautiful book it was to read to the kids. I was touched by it. I want to p/u the book you read and read it too.....I caught a reading bug....