Sunday, June 29, 2008

My Father - Nothing but the best.


Though I am not nearly as close to my father, as my Mom, I still have to laugh as I type this one...Every Sunday morning he calls me at 11;45 to tell me to put on 92.9fm for the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by the big sumai hawaiian man. He loves that song! So he has to make sure we are rockin out to it up here every Sunday when they play it at the exact same time. 11:50 on 92.9fm. Then I say "we'll see you later this afternoon (cause we usually always visit on Sunday afternoon with the kids) and then he tells me "i'm gona go to Harry's retirement party yep - "Harry" , but I'm just gona pop my head in, cause they are only having light refreshments, so that means no beer, so I ain't staying there too long"....that's good....only stay, if they had the beer. Good.
Nothing like a little irish Gramps who likes to drink little too much and rock out to Somewhere over the Rainbow every Sunday at 11:50! cutes.
My Mother is in Virginia on a little vacation, so I know he is missing her like crazy and she had to leave out some spiffy clothes for him for Harry's retirement party cause she gets nervous of what he'd put together himself. If that ain't love then I don't know what is. I am sure he will look like a spiffy Gramps drinking a light refreshment at Harry's party. No Doubt!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

beau i can't even deal....you made me laugh so hard to that one...he's a real cutes...no doubt..yup...harry. only we would write about that one..