Wednesday, June 4, 2008

So it is the computer's fault.....

My husband (aka big daddy) honestly told me today, as he prepared his arroz con pollo (rice & chicken recipe from the new puerto rican cookbook, i got him as an early father's day present!) that "you've probably gained the weight from always being on that dam computer"....oooo, isn't that nice to say to the mother of your 3 children.
He knew I was a little pissed about that comment. Yes, I enjoy the computer, my pictures, my blogging but I am not muted out on a video game for 4 hours ignoring the world around me! I jump on and off when I can in the day,let me correct that, if I can in the day, Otherwise I am usually hangin at the computer at night, when finally the house is peaceful. But I know he was just aggravated so he had to lash that one out at me. A real zinger when he knows how I am so frustrated with myself for gaining this weight and he is probably right, I eat more and move less these days, I eat, when the kids whine sometimes I just run to get a cookie for comfort! So sue my cellulite ass! Anyways, after that very honest comment and a few minutes went by, I was doing dishes (see not always on the computer!) and i asked him "so how much would ya say that I've gained???"....he got a little nervous & was caught off guard with that question, cause he could tell I was little pissed and so he gets all sweetie sweetie and says get ready for this...and says "like 1 or 2 pounds" HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I just had to laugh. I told him, thanks for keepin it real big daddy! 1 or 2 pounds....so we'll just blame the computer for those "1 or 2" pounds.
Thanx

No comments: