Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whitney Houston





 I grew up listening to Whitney. Her's was the first concert I ever went to at the Boston Commons, with my Mom and cousin. I was 10.  My mom got me "The Greatest Love of All"  and  "I Wanna Dance With Somebody Who Loves Me" tape cassettes.  I was so excited. Played those tapes over and over in my room. Always wished I could sing like her, so when I sang along, my awful voice blended in with her amazing voice and made me sound a little bit better (:



  Saw all her movies, The Bodyguard, The Preacher's Wife, Waiting To Exhale and watched her rise and fall in the public eye.  Saw Bobby Brown become the love of her life and one of the biggest devils in her life.   Now her daughter has to go on without her mother.  That is the most heartbreaking of it all.
  I believe this is her little girl's voice in this song "My Love Is Your Love" and I am pretty sure this song is for her baby girl, Bobbi Kristina.


  "Clap your hands now baby."
Clap your hands for Whitney Houston.
She battled addictions, as we all do but her's a very public battle. Aside from her addictions, she was a Mother, a Daughter, a child of God and through it all, she always knew Jesus loved her and now she is with him, in peace. But we will miss her so much here on earth.....

Her voice is like no other and she will live on forever through her music.


No comments: