Monday, February 27, 2012

Dr. Seuss week...

So, my Mom is a kindergarten teacher and this week all the students will celebrate Dr. Seuss's Birthday.
She teaches right next door, to my Bella, who is also in kindergarten but couldn't have her grandmama ( aka her Gigi) as her teacher, but she is close by and we love that.
On Thursday, a guest reader will come read to my Mom's class, it is our very own fabulous "Pebbles" from the radio station, JAMN 94.5!!!!
We LOVE Pebbles and can't wait to see her this Thursday.
My Mama asked me to draw a little something in honor of Dr. Seuss on her portable chalk board. Imagine, the classes no longer have chalkboards at our schools...it's all about the "smart boards."
Here is my mom's portable chalkboard, aka Mrs. Webb's chalkboard.
I drew a quick drawing of Cat in the Hat for her class.
Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!!!
Ok, so he looks a little angry, I tried...lol!
My kids and I always enjoy a Dr. Seuss book, some of our favorites are:
And here is sweet Pebbles, when she read to my mom's class in December, she actually brought along "The Lorax" ,as well as read many great books to the kids, they were super excited!!!  Right behind "The Lorax's" head is the smart board, which is what replaced the beloved chalkboards. Although, Mama keeps a cute little easel for the kids to use at center time.


Thank you, Pebbles!!! We Love You!!!

No comments: