Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sippin' on some green tea...Ali & Target.

Taking a break from coffee this morning and sippin' on some green tea with pomegranate & acai, so good and cozy warm on this chilly Wednesday  morning.
The kids are off to school.
We started this morning with a morning Prayer.
I am trying this because I think this will start their day off brighter and more positive. If they are aware and can reflect on all their blessings and to take a moment to Thank God, before the sweet day begins,  I think it can only do positive things for my little loves.
We read the prayer and gave thanks for all God has given us and asked for another blessed day ahead.
I shut the tv down, stopped the cartoons for just 5 minutes but they were the best 5 minutes of the morning.
Of course, Bella is all interested and wants to read more ( I got this book called My First Prayers) and she loves it but Maxwell is not so easy to convince.  He is my challenge but I am up for the challenge and determined to help him see how important it is to start each day off with a prayer of graciousness and love.
I have also been feeling a little down, just because of the sadness of seeing my 88 year old Papa so depressed, uncomfortable and unable to do things for himself anymore. It's a sad energy that has been going around. My mom ( an only child) constantly taking care of him, when she is not working her butt off as a kindergarten teacher all day.  She lives downstairs from her parents, so they call on her for everything. And she is there 100 percent but it's exhausting and sad for her.
So what makes me laugh?  I have been really enjoying Ali Wentworth's Dailyspot, this mama cracks me up! She is always able to make me smile cause she is so darn relatable and real and I am grateful for her.
I am also reading her book, "Ali in Wonderland"...= hysterical!!
I just love her, cause she keeps it real but she mixes in laughs and craziness that we all need to get through this crazy thang called life.
Thank you, Ali Wentworth for keepin' it real and funny!!!
And now I shall take Mya for a nice stroll with my iPod on and then I will go to one of my favorite places in the world, TARGET! And i shall buy stuff on my shopping list and of course, stuff I don't need but just can't resist throwing in my big red carriage.  There is really something so therapeutic and peaceful for me to be strolling around in my TARGET in Revere, just me and the big red carriage, free to explore all the great finds and man do I find great things!!!  I will be back and blog what I got on my daily trip to TARGET!! YEAH!!!

No comments: